Gin Tonic

Royal Danish Navy Gin

In the back of our cabinet we have have found this beauty; Tranquebar Royal Danish Navy Gin with an %ABV of 52%.

This gin is full of history. The recipe of the Tranquebar Gin is still the same as used in the 17th century and consist in addition to the classic gin spices juniper, coriander, orange peel, lemon peel and angelica root also of the more exotic spices such as cardamom, cinnamon and nutmeg, all imported from the previous Danish colony of Tranquebar. The gin has references to the Dutch jenever traditions, and just like in the 17th century Tranquebar Gin is still distilled in SCHIEDAM the capital of jenever.

Tonight, the gin was mixed with Fentimans Connoisseurs Tonic Water and garnished with a dried orange wheel. This versatile tonic has been specially created with a delicate infusion of natural botanicals and quinine for a clean and balanced taste. The delicate flavor profile enhances the “østindiske” notes from Tranquebar perfectly.