Friends of the House Gin

Pink Star Light

A couple of weeks ago, we had the pleasure to taste a gin, that had started its ‘life’ as white wine. In the same category and from the same web-shop; Vinomani, GinCanDo have had the bliss to taste another ‘wine-gin’. The New York based Wölffer Estate Vineyard has taken a portion of its finest rosé wine and distilled it to a solid spirit base. The fruity and slightly light shinny pink colored base are enhanced by own cultivated juniper, and a mix of other wonderful botanicals such as anise, fennel, coriander, cumin, and cardamom. There’s also a lovely freshness from the ginger and the lime zest.

Due to the juniper and the other typical gin botanicals, no doubt that Wölffer Estate Vineyard has created a gin, but absolutely a gin with a extremly modern expression by adding the fashionable rosé wine into the gin style. This gin is a must for all gin lovers that also like enjoying a chilled rosé on the porch on a hot summer day.

Wölffer Estate  gin has a significant ‘wineish’ aftertaste of rosé that definately will divide the gin drinking population in ‘pros and cons’, but proberly also can drag some rosé drinkers into our wonderfull gin univers. Wölffer Estate gin is absolutely a ‘gin with attritude’.

In our suggestion for the perfect GT using the Wölffer Estate gin , then we go-all-in on the feminine pink look by using the Fentimans Pink Grapefruit Tonic Water. Pink rose leafs and mint is used as ganish to perfectly compleate this girlish GT.

Thanks Vinomani for letting us taste this different gin..

1 thought on “Pink Star Light”

  1. Great info and straight to the point. I am not sure if this is truly the best place to ask but do you people have any ideea where to get some professional writers? Thanks in advance 🙂

Comments are closed.