Friends of the House Gin Tonic

Arctic Blue

Arctic Blue gin takes inspiration from the pristine forests of the Finnish Lakeland. The idea was to capture the essence of the unique Finnish nature in a gin bottle, and according to the people behind this gin, then you will find ‘it’, a peaceful misty morning when the delicate scents of moist arctic bilberry bushes and spruce needles embrace in a perfect harmony.

The bilberries are combined with other Arctic botanicals and fresh spring water to create the taste of Finland. When drinking the Arctic Blue gin neat, then you really can sense the unspoiled and harsh nature by the 46,2% ABV and the influence of the high amount of pectin and essential oils from the bilberries and rest of the botanicals. The enormous content of pectin and essential oils is why it turns into an elegant misty white shade when mixed with tonic water.

We found a superb match with Original Yuzu Ocha Japanese Tonic Water, that added citrus freshness from the Yuzu fruit to the strong bilberry note from the gin. The result was a sensory summerish GT, that preferable should be enjoyed a summer night under the mist formation to tribute this Finnish nature and not at least this gin.
We have never been in Finland, but if Arctic Blue Gin is Finland in a bottle – then we are on our way to this Bilberry wonderland.

Finnish – no we are just started exploring Arctic Blue Gin, so thank you Nordic Gin House and Arctic Blue Gin for being our tour guides on our first trip to Finland. Thanks Kjær Company for letting us use your tonic in this post.

2 thoughts on “Arctic Blue”

  1. Amazing blog! Do you have any helpful hints for aspiring writers?
    I’m hoping to start my own blog soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
    Would you advise starting with a free platform like
    Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I’m completely
    confused .. Any tips? Bless you!