Friends of the House Gin

Saarlouis Per Excellence

Tonight, we almost can feel the presence of the European history when enjoying the Saarlouis Dry Gin. In the 1680s, Louis XIV of France gave order to build a fortification to defend the French Eastern frontier on the banks of the river Saar which was called Sarre-Louis. Building on a traditional process, then Saarlouis Dry Gin is distilled in the heart of this area. We have the pleasure to taste the ‘Historical Edition’. This is a small-scale production limited to 337 bottles with a reference to age of Saarlouis.

Even though, Louis XIV personally have signed all bottles, then he properly hasn´t participated in the collection of all 25 botanicals that´s included in this magnificent gin recipe with a surplus of extravagance. In addition, to the traditional gin botanicals, then you also can find sophisticated notes such as cinnamon, rhubarb, daylily flowers, lime blossom and lavender flowers- that fully was worth a renaissance serve for Louis XIV at Palace of Versailles on a beautiful summer night as the night today, while the fortification of Saarlouis was protected his kingdom in the critical and fragile period after the Franco-Dutch War against the ‘untrusting’ Dutch and Danes.

Saarlouis Dry Gin working excellent neat with the freshness from the infused rhubarb and summerness from the garden of flowers that is included in the recipe. However, a GT cocktail with a under-dosed neutral tonic water and some shred rhubarb used as garnish is absolutely recommendable on a summer evening enjoying the sunset on the balcony.

Thanks to Gnlouis for sharing this wonderful gin with us on this amazing summer night.

3 thoughts on “Saarlouis Per Excellence”

  1. I appreciate, lead to I discovered exactly what I used to be having a look for. You have ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

  2. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping
    maybe you would have some experience with something like this.
    Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

  3. Hello there I am so grateful I found your web site, I really found you by mistake, while I was researching on Bing for something else, Nonetheless
    I am here now and would just like to say thank you for a marvelous post and
    a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go
    through it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it
    and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please
    do keep up the great work.