Few weeks ago we received an invitation from ‘De 5 Gaarde’ to taste their Schackenborg Dry Gin including a challenge of creating the perfect Schackenborg drink/cocktails. After some hours in our GinCanDo-lab, ‘The Princess of Schackenborg’ was created.
· 7,5cl Schackenborg Dry Gin
· 10cl GinCanDo raspberry syrup
· 5cl fresh pressed organic orange juice
· 1,25cl fresh pressed organic lime juice
· 2,5cl elderflower cordial
Pour all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with plenty of ice. Shake well, strain the drink into a Champagne saucers
· 5cl Hancock Tonic Water or another neutral tonic
Garnish the drink with fresh raspberries
GinCanDo raspberry syrup
· 225g organic raspberries
· 1 cup of water
· 1/2 stick of liquorice root
· 3 tablespoon of acacia honey
Place the syrup ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat and let simmer for 10 minutes, or until the syrup has reduced by half. Take off heat, strain mixture, and let cool completely.