Friends of the House Gin

A Wonderful aroma of Gin De Cologne

In the year of 1709 Giovanni Maria Farina, Italian born and bred, was living his life in Cologne. He felt the sheer ache of homesickness in his German residence. He contacted his chemistrist to form a taste; a scent, in actuality — of home.
Signore Farina and his chemistrist created a fragrance, that reminded him of an Italian spring morning, of mountain daffodils and orange blossoms after the rain. He named his formula after Cologne, his German hometown. The fragrance contained an alcohol concentrate and was fueled with essential oils from lemon, orange, lavender and a tang of flowers.

The story is an historical truthful summery, that could have been complete identically with an anecdote about a gin distillery from the beginning of the 18th century – but the story is actually about a product that clearly indicates a reference to today´s tasting of Gin de Cologne.

The basic principle of the original Eau de Cologne and Gin de Cologne are almost identical except from the 308years time difference, essential oils from lemon, orange, lavender and flowers extracted in alcohol. Actually, there are urban legends that telling in times with lack of Gin or other spirits throughout the history, then Eau de Cologne actually has been used as drinkable intoxicant instead.

This London Dry Gin has supple classic gin appearance with a clear sparkling note of lime, that is a result of the perfect interaction between the twelve carefully selected botanicals, including peel of lemons, oranges and limes, lavender, hibiscus flowers and, of course, juniper.

We really appreciate the possibility to taste this superior London Dry Gin from Gin De Cologne, thank you very much for your generosity. We will definitely exchange our current Eau de Colognes, and instead using this fresh Gin de Cologne with a wonderful perfume of lime and juniper.

3 thoughts on “A Wonderful aroma of Gin De Cologne”

    1. Wir danken Ihnen herzlich für Ihre netten Worte.
      Wir haben immer noch viel Platz auf unserer Freundin-Wand 🙂

  1. Have you ever considered about adding a little bit more than just your articles?

    I mean, what you say is valuable and all. Nevertheless think of
    if you added some great visuals or video clips to give your posts more, “pop”!
    Your content is excellent but with images and clips, this
    site could undeniably be one of the very best in its field.

    Fantastic blog!