Friends of the House Tonic

Smoky Birch

Last tonic in our Arctic tonic trilogy is the ‘Smoked Birch’.

Birch leaf gives the tonic a slightly smoky side note, why the tonic immediately when arriving on our doorstep started screaming HAVN, HAVN, HAVN.
HAVN CPH is also including notes of the smoked birch, why this GT recipe properly will repulse many, since the smokiness put its strong impression on the taste repertoire of this cocktail. The GinCanDo members were definitely divided in a pros and cons populations – nothing in between.
Following, the tonic is tested with other gins, that resulting in GT-cocktails, that absolutely will reach a wider segment with a more subdued, but still very interesting smoky note, that resemble the scent of a traditional Finnish lakeside sauna.

Thanks Arctic Tonic for letting us taste your very ‘far away from ordinary market’ tonics. We really looking forward to further experimental testing with the leftovers for something completely different, than an ordinary day in our GT-lab normally offer.

1 thought on “Smoky Birch”

  1. Howdy! This post could not be written any better! Reading through this article reminds me of my previous roommate! He constantly kept preaching about this. I most certainly will send this post to him. Fairly certain he will have a great read. I appreciate you for sharing!