Friends of the House Gin

A bouquet of Cornflowers

It was so beautiful out on the country, it was summer- the oats were green, the wheat fields were golden, but among the golden wheat straw a cobalt flower was growing vigorously through the corn crops, patching the countryside as the blue ocean around a subtropical island. The blue colored oasis, a flash of cobalt blue that caught your eye from far off down the road. Everybody who passed would stop to stare at its unfussy beauty and very blue blue – the view was loved by all…….. except from the famers, that over-used herbicides to reduce this ‘weed’. This was actually the the beginning of the end for the wild Cornflower, that started to disappear and today are very rare in the wild.

The last couple of years, the cornflower have had its revival, and has been quite popular as an edible decoration in the gourmet kitchen. The flowers have a slightly spicy flavor that reminds of cloves and peppers, which very elegant is transferred to the Cornflower Dry Gin in a very unique and loveable manner. The Cornflower notes interact excellent with the classic gin botanicals, and not at least with the more distinctive ingredients as lemon grass and mace.

The Organic Cornflower Dry Gin can easily handle some fresh Swiss mountain spring. The premium tonic water with a wonderful rosemary note, supporting the ingredient list of Cornflower Dry gin excellent – and creating an appetizing GT for our Friday night.

Yes, it was indeed lovely out there in the country. Thanks @mandala_organic for sharing this beautiful bouquet of Cornflowers with us.

2 thoughts on “A bouquet of Cornflowers”

  1. Wow, amazing blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your web site is excellent, let alone the content!

  2. I simply want to say I am beginner to blogging and site-building and honestly loved you’re web page. Probably I’m want to bookmark your site . You amazingly come with perfect writings. Appreciate it for sharing with us your blog.