Friends of the House Gin

The Battle of Dybbøl

Dybbøl is an open wound on the Danish self-understanding, a symbol of a nation’s fall as a respected allied to an insignificant second-rated nation. Denmark´s equivalent to Napoleon Bonaparte´s Waterloo.
On the morning of 18 April 1864 at Dybbøl, the Prussians troops moved into their positions at 2:00 A.M., twelve hours later the last Danish resistance collapsed.
Even thought, wars seldom have a winner, then the battle of Dybbøl was immediately our latest military loss, where Denmark over night was defeated, and was forced to turn 1/3 of Kingdom into a Prussian domination . In 1920 after World War I, then the northern part of Schleswig returned to Danish rule. But actually we´re still missing rest of Schleswig-Holstein and Lauenburg – so perhaps it´s time for a rematch in Dybbøl.

Dybbøl is tonight armed with Gin; Dybbøl Gin. A handcrafted double-distilled firework of a gin, that clearly doesn´t make any space for dirty tricks from the opponent – and give the gin a smooth first impression. It has an excellent basis juniper gunpowder, and have some bayonet-sharpness from anis(??), that combination with the fruity freshness from the sea buckthorn- gives the nation some self-righteous after 154years in shame.

Tonight we´re honouring the red and white colours from our flag, by using the @sonderborgdistillery recommended Fever-tree Aromatic tonic, garnish with some sea buckthorn berries. However, we´re sure that this gin can conquer the most tonics on the battlefield with its large volume.

Thanks Sønderborg Distillery for sending us this signal post, that Dybbøl Gin now is ready for a well-deserved Victory march for sharing the secret weapon of Als with rest of the World.