Friends of the House Tonic

It won’t hurt to put Fentimans in my eye

頭をかいているような、面白いフレーズがいくつかあります

There’re some funny phrases in Japanese that leave you scratching your head, and don’t make much sense to native English speakers. All the same, here are some of the funny translations:

  • ‘It won’t hurt to put gin in my eye’ – meaning that you really love gin
  • ‘Your hand comes out of your throat’ -meaning that you just want something really badly e.g. drinking gin
  • ‘Your cheeks are falling off’ – meaning that your favorite GT is very delicious.
  • ‘The moon and a soft-shell turtle’ – meaning that two gins are completely different in quality.

Sorry, yuzu is not meaning anything funny when directly translated, but nevertheless the well-reputable Fentimans launched a new mixer variant using yuzu to meet growing consumer demand for unique flavor combinations. Oriental yuzu tonic was added to the British brand’s portfolio of interesting and innovative mixers. The roll out of the yuzu and other flavor rich tonics provide us gin lovers with increased flavor options, that can be used as edgy alternatives to the classic tonic water for new and different GT taste experiences.

Yuzu is an aromatic sweet citrus fruit with distinct zesty and tart flavor, closely resembling to the grapefruit, with overtones of mandarin orange. The Oriental Yuzu Tonic is a refreshing and uplifting mixer, that goes beautifully with both a classic London Dry gin or a contemporary gin full of botanicals. Even through, we aren’t Sloe Gin fan, then we convinced that the sweetness from the sloe berries will match the citrusy notes from the tonic excellent.

However, after deep thoughts and some preliminary testings – then we have chosen sugar kelp to match the oriental Yuzu fruit in our tonic. The award-winning Isle of Harris Gin with the complex delights of nine carefully chosen botanicals incl. sugar kelp, that capture the elemental nature of the little island, particularly the maritime influences of the surrounding Atlantic Ocean – gives suitable contrast to this delicious but flavor dominate tonic. The GT is amazing and ‘our cheeks are definitely falling off’.

Thanks Kristoffer and Fentimans Denmark for being friend of our house, and letting us taste your interesting portfolio of mixers, ‘it won’t hurt to put Yuzu Tonic in our eyes’.

9 thoughts on “It won’t hurt to put Fentimans in my eye”

  1. I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your website.
    It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for
    me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer
    to create your theme? Superb work!

  2. I really like what you guys tend to be up too. This kind of clever
    work and reporting! Keep up the good works guys I’ve incorporated
    you guys to our blogroll.

  3. Hi to every body, it’s my first pay a visit of this weblog; this webpage contains remarkable and really fine information for
    readers.

  4. I wɑnt to to thank you f᧐r this fantastic read!! I ceгtainly ⅼoved every bit of it.
    I hаzve got you book-marked to check out new things you
    post…

  5. Quality articles is the key to attract the viewers to pay a visit the
    site, that’s what this web page is providing.

  6. Some truly nice and useful information on this web site, too I conceive the style has good features.

  7. This design is wicked! You obviously know how to keep a reader entertained.
    Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Wonderful job.

    I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how
    you presented it. Too cool!

Comments are closed.