Friends of the House Gin

Captain – light that match

Our three-masted barque has been loaded with gin and cannon balls, as befits on a ship, then the gin must pass the British Royal Navy’s ‘proof’ test. If not passing this test, the Master distiller certainly will be thrown overboard for swindle – the first time the ship meet a frightening gin shark .
The new Ginscape London Dry Gin Navy Strenght has as the test protocol describes been placed in gunpowder, and now we just need to light the gunpowder to verify, that the gin actually is above 57.15% ABV, that is the alcohol percentage level – where soaking gunpowder still can ignite. Ahoy Captain light that match…………

The Ginscape London Dry Gin Navy Strenght can certainly ignite our senses. As its ‘little’ brother, it´s distilled with the characteristic sea buckthorn as the main character alongside the clear juniper expression. Despite the navy power, then this modern London dry gin is harmoniously balanced with an elegant and clear expression. Even through, an English Pot Still in Birmingham is borrowed in the manufacturing process, then the gin undoubtedly representing the ‘spirit’ of the amazing Danish coastline by enhancing the characteristic blue maritime look, a part of the Danish contour (coast) lines on the label, and not at least due to the intriguing taste of sea buckthorn.
We like this gin as it is, so the subdued but still refreshing Fentimans light tonic is chosen to our Gin & TonicT. A sprinkle of gunpowder (licorice) and a dried orange wheel, that is used as garnish vanishing lovely into the notes of the sea buckthorn.

Luckily, no master distiller has to be thrown overboard this time. The British Royal Navy’s ‘proof’ test was perfectly passed, so our cannons definitely can fire a 21-gun salute for this amazing gin.

Thanks Ginscape & Scapespirits for the roughly needed Gin tot on this Sunday’s sail.

4 thoughts on “Captain – light that match”

  1. Does your blog have a contact page? I’m having problems
    locating it but, I’d like to shoot you an e-mail. I’ve got some recommendations for your blog you
    might be interested in hearing. Either way, great
    site and I look forward to seeing it grow over time.

  2. Hi there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this blog before but after going through many of
    the posts I realized it’s new to me. Anyways, I’m certainly happy
    I found it and I’ll be book-marking it and checking
    back often!

  3. Hey There. I discovered your weblog using msn. This is a very smartly written article.
    I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra
    of your helpful info. Thanks for the post. I will definitely return.

  4. Hello! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a
    group of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche.

    Your blog provided us valuable information to work on. You have done a extraordinary job!

Comments are closed.