Distillery Friends of the House Gin

The Ecuadorian Gold

The Ecuadorian CRESPO LONDON DRY GIN; the in 2016 Double Gold Awarded gin from the prestige San Francisco World Spirits Competition, giving us one of the first gin experiences from the South-American continent. If you try to verify this statement in the result journal from 2016, then the gin formerly was known as GCV London Dry Gin, but re-named in 2017 according to the creator of the recipe; Gustavo Crespo.

The Double Gold Award was/is definitely well-deserved due to a very delicious London dry gin with a distinctive citrus note. The recipe was created long time before the modern trend by using all kind of odd or even bizarre botanicals, which more or less successfully are added to separate the gin from the competitors.

In this traditional gin, you will experience a harmonious usage of 11 botanical from 4 continents, whereas 10 of them are listed on the top 10 of the most common ingredients in gin recipes; juniper, coriander, angelica, lemon & orange peel, orris root, cardamon, licorice, cassia bark, cinnamon. So without any hocus pocus, other than some dill seeds, spring water from the Andes and sugar cane neutral ethanol, then Mr. Crespo has succeed to create a beautiful constructed and tasteful gin. The Crespo gin has a distinct citrus kick to it, but ultimately with the sheer volume of smoothness to devour.

The classic London dry style means, that you point this gin in almost any GT direction that you can imaging, but we think that a classic constructed gin deserved a classic tonic. The Danish Fuglesang Indian Tonic, with a gently sparkling and a slightly sweetness matches the first-class gin amazingly. Simply garnished with a lemon Wheel.

Please, Mr. Crespo create more gin. We simply love your classic style, but with you talent -then we would love to taste a modern gin with ‘a Ecuadorian twist’, too. Thank you, Adrian Hernandez for being our tour guide on our first trip to Ecuador, tasting this wonderful Crespo Gin.

4 thoughts on “The Ecuadorian Gold”

  1. It’s actually a cool and useful piece of info. I’m happy that you shared this
    helpful info with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

  2. I think that what you composed was actually very reasonable.

    However, what about this? what if you added a little content?
    I am not suggesting your information is not good., however what if you added a post title that grabbed a person’s attention? I
    mean The Ecuadorian Gold – Gin Can Do is a little vanilla.
    You could peek at Yahoo’s front page and note how they create news headlines to grab people interested.

    You might add a video or a related picture or two to get readers interested about what you’ve got
    to say. In my opinion, it could make your posts a little livelier.

  3. Pingback: Google

Comments are closed.