Distillery Friends of the House Gin

Na zdrávje!

Confession, our knowledge concerning the classic Slovenian distilling tradition was prior to this tasting of the Lim Bay gin very limited. Our preliminary familiarity with gin from this area were restricted to some Googling – and though this search the local juniper spirit called; Brinjevec. According to the found reference, then this ‘gin variant’ shouldn’t …

Continue Reading
Distillery Friends of the House Gin

Picking apples in August

‘One who doesn’t appreciate the apple, won’t appreciate the orchard’. This Afghan proverb is literally true when it comes to  this Orchard from Ginscape. The bottle is filled with enchanting and aromatic impressions found in a countryside orchards full of sun-ripened apples. Sipping Ginscape’s Summer Orchard Gin is exactly like taking a bite of a …

Continue Reading
Gin Tonic

Summer time

We are enjoying the summer! Just needed a Hartridges tonic on the tank of that ‘master cut’ tuned Buss – to fire it up. Definitely our Buss ride for the night – just a slide of orange peel and some ice cubes on the top, and then we’re ready for going of control and chill …

Continue Reading
Friends of the House Gin

Living room gin

Back in 2012, today’s gin was developed in the living room of the uncrowned king of vacuum distillation; Ian Hart. The principle of the vacuum distillation is to reduce the pressure, which decreases the boiling point of compounds in basic gin liquid. In the the traditional pot still process under atmospheric pressure , then the …

Continue Reading