Friends of the House Gin

Glory of Silence

The finest pleasure doesn´t need words! In the tranquil Eppingen, we’ve found this ‘Glory of Silence’. The origin of Black Gin Silence is locate very close to one of the most interesting epicenters of the gin world; Black Forest – and what’s more appropriate to haul out of these mountains than gin, silence and darkness …

Continue Reading
Distillery Friends of the House Gin

Gin Hiking

We’ve collected this flowering ‘Lyng’ on the top of the Norwegian mountains. However, after the close of our collecting session – the basket wasn’t just full of the blooming heather, but we were carrying off armfuls of 32 other berries, herbs and other interesting botanicals from Norwegian forests and mountains.Plants from these temperate areas are …

Continue Reading
Distillery Friends of the House Gin

Freeze

The sloe season is getting closer. Autumn is the time to collect your sloe – for the best flavor, wait until the berries are ripened after the first frost. However, we’ve been told that a new trend among pickers, is to pick the berries in September, when they start to ripen, and then freeze them …

Continue Reading
Distillery Friends of the House Gin

Garage Gin

In the middle of Europe-in the coolest decommissioned industrial garage we’ve found a new distillery from where this beautiful pink gin gin constantly is flowing. The heart of the distillery is a pot still from the legendary producer Arnold Holstein, whose copper transfer all the delicate aromatic components from the used botanicals into this marvelous …

Continue Reading