Distillery Friends of the House Gin

Freeze

The sloe season is getting closer. Autumn is the time to collect your sloe – for the best flavor, wait until the berries are ripened after the first frost. However, we’ve been told that a new trend among pickers, is to pick the berries in September, when they start to ripen, and then freeze them in your freezer.

Since, we consider us self as first-movers, then we of course have picked some sloe berries from the bar carbinet, and froze the bottle for an hour before the serving.
Does one have to be modern, then the sloe naturally earliest can be consumed after the first frost.

Picking is a joyful time of gathering the produce of Mother Nature, thanks Permod Ricard Denmark for letting us pick some sloe from your garden in Southside Street in Plymouth.