Distillery Friends of the House Gin

awakening to spring

When a SiWu gin is served in your glass then the quality and craftsmanship for sure is in the absolute premium league of what you can find on the gin market. The Michelin dust from the hands of Nicolai & Jonas does not deny itself, every little process step is preformed with the highest focus on even the smallest detail. Even though, that most of us don’t notice the extra mills, that has been travel to reach the perfect destination of SiWu’s gin adventure, then it’s extremely important for the guys to create the best gin possible. No shortcuts, EVERYTHING is made from scratch by hand.

We’ve been blessed with a bottle of the recently released limited edition gin from SiWu Distillery. This very limited edition gin taste like an awakening to spring. The flavor of green strawberries is lean and tart, displaying notes of a lovely spring day and a refreshing acidity. The acidity play beautifully with the floral touch from the Tagetes tenuifolia. This ‘citrus’ gin doesn’t containing any citrus fruits at all, but due to the use of citrus giving alternatives, then this SiWu gin actually has the same freshness that you else find in a citrus rich Mediterranean gin. Beside the unripe strawberries and the Tagetes tenuifolia, then you can find Danish juniper, spruce shoots, gooseberries, ironwort and lemon thyme.

With all that gin love SiWu Distillery has added to this gin, it’s a must to take the first sip of this SiWu Nordic Citrus gin neat, so you really can sense the distinct and delicious freshness from this exclusive and complex gin. The gin can be picky concerning the choice of the perfect tonic, however we will recommend to start in the Mediterranean corner of the tonic palette, and then start your own exploring from here in the the search for your perfect tonic partner for your own perfect SiWu Nordic Citrus GT.

Thanks SiWu Distillery for sending one of the 365 exclusive bottles of your first limited edition in our direction, we’ll definitely ration this gin so that we can have the pleasure of it for the next coming years.